Document ISO/IEC/JTC 1/SC 22/WG 23 N0991

Draft Minutes Meeting #70

15 September 2020 1600-1800 UTC

Meeting Location : Zoom


70.1 Opening activities

70.1.1 Opening Comments

70.1.2 Introduction of Participants/Roll Call

Stephen Michell
Clive Pygott
Tullio Vardanega
Erhard Ploedereder
Sean MacDonagh
Larry Wagoner

70.1.3 Procedures for this Meeting

70.1.4 Approval of previous Minutes of meeting

No Minutes. Meeting 69 became a Java/Python meeting.

70.1.5 Review of actions items and resolutions, Action Item and Decision Logs (N/A)

Not applicable as we are working on 4 documents simultaneously and keeping items there. If general AI's are recorded will restart the log.

To be reviewed at the close of this meeting.

70.1.6 Approval of Agenda

Approved as posted.

70.1.7 Future Meeting Schedule



TBD Nov 2021



TBD Sep 2021

With SC 22


TBD Jun 2021

With WG 4 Fortran Committee


19 April 2021


1600-1800 UTC


15 Feb 2021


1700-1900 UTC



16 Nov 2020


1700-1900 UTC

70.2 Liaison Activities (for in-person meetings only)

70.2.1 PL22.3/WG5 (Fortran)

We are working to develop a Part 8 with them, once they can begin meeting face-to-face again.

Ask committee manager to get an official ISO delay.

70.2.2 WG4 (COBOL)

70.2.3 WG9 (Ada) Erhard Ploedereder

Part 2 is published. WG 9 is meeting electronically, and getting ready to receive the next language standard (proposed) from ARG.

Additional language features will add mitigations.

70.2.4 PL22.11/WG14 C Clive Pygott

Published as part 2. Actively working on a revision. WG 23 should pay attention to new mitigations that may make the new standard.

70.2.5 PL22.16/WG21 (C++) Michael Wong

Not meeting due to the pandemic. WG 23 work is progressing virtually.

70.2.6 MISRA C Clive Pygott
Next version
moving toward publication. Expect it to address ISO/IEC 9899:2011.

70.2.7 MISRA (C++) Clive Pygott

Progression but no planned due date. Are merging AutoSAR document.

70.2.8 SPARK Erhard Ploedereder

No progress.

70.2.9 Other Liaison Activities or National body reports

70.3. Report from SC 22 (Convenor)

The SC 22 resolutions were proposed.

We discuss voting strategies because of changes in the way that ISO CS is processing documents. No decisions are made, but NB representatives will think about national strategy.

70. 4 Document Review

Review of following document activities

TR 24772-1

Erhard proposes a standing document that tracks changes to Part 1 which we will review at each WG 23 meeting. We expect to republish Part 1 by 2023.

TR 24772-4 Python

Making good progress. The challenge of virtual meetings and an update of Python will affect timing.

TR 24772-8 Fortran

We had a good start, but the lack of any meetings due to the pandemic has frozen progress. We plan to attend as many in-person meetings as possible once they are restarted.

TR 24772-10 C++

Making good progress, but the challenge of virtual-only meetings is hampering progress.

TR 24772-11 Java

This is the furthest advanced document. Virtual-only meetings is slowing progress.

AI – Steve – Contact Ben Brosgol or Oracle about paying attention to our work

70.6 Review of Assignment of responsibilities

70.7 Resolutions and Action Items

AI – Steve – Create a standing document to contain part 1 comments. We will try Google Docs. Send email to reflector for interest.

70.8. Adjournment